14. 10. 2012.

Merzouga And Erg Chebbi, Morocco



So the next stop is not Unesco, but still as impressive as it can be..! Merzouga is a small village in southeastern Morocco, about 50 kilometers from the Algerian border. Its a part of the itineraries of many tourists cos of its proximity to Erg Chebbi, a large dune formed by wind-blown sand - it can reach a height of up to 150 meters and altogether spans an area of 22 kilometers from north to south and up to 5-10 kilometers from east to west. We were taken into the desert on camels and climbed the dune - man, I was so out of shape, trying to catch up with everyone but losing my breath, sooo embarassing..! :/
Its one of those experiences when you don't mind how touristy it is and that you have to take the tour AND I was so lucky to be in the group of only eight (and the seven others being such cool people). Whats more, what I didnt find in Marrakech I found in Merzouga: a friendly PO person who understood my need for different stamps! Alas I had already sent most of the postcards to others by that point (as I dont like leaving it for the last day) but used them on future stops for my humble self - and the one here is so amazing, my first containing actual seeds that can be planted!! Of course I dont plan to try it out, they look very fine where they are :)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar