11. 10. 2012.

Daybreak In National Park Garajonay, La Gomera, Spain



I had a chuckle just now as I was figuring out what this photo shows - I read on the back the name of the national park, and as I was 'wikipediing' it i was saying to myself 'surely not Unesco...' and hey it is! Garajonay National Park on La Gomera (Canary Islands) occupies 40 km2 and provides the best example of laurisilva, a humid subtropical forest that in the Tertiary covered almost all of Europe. Other attractions of the National Park are the massive rocks that are found along the island. These are former volcanoes whose shapes have been carved by erosion. Many of the island's species are endemic - a rich biota of understory plants, invertebrates, and birds and bats.
My sister's photos of sunsets on La Gomera are the most fascinating ones I've ever seen, such rich colours! Now, I'm inclined not to include this in the Unesco collection as you can't see the main sites...am I too harsh? :)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar