29. 09. 2012.

UNESCO - Longmen Grottoes, China



The Longmen Grottoes are one of the finest examples of Chinese Buddhist art, housing tens of thousands of statues of Buddha and his disciples . They are situated  some 12 kilometres south of present day Luòyáng in Hénán province, central east China.
And once that I've seen their view from a distance, I was extra amazed and have to post it here! (source: wikipedia)


I was also curious about stamps, and found out that the 1st one shows the Palace Museum (the Forbidden City) and the 2nd the rock paintings (hunting scene) in Helan Mountains - an isolated desert mountain range forming the border of Inner Mongolia's Alxa League and Ningxia (northern China).
Thank you very much Lillian! :))

1 komentar:

  1. Lovely card of a Unesco site - I am waiting for a card of the same place myself. Good luck with your Unesco collection.

    OdgovoriIzbriši