10. 09. 2012.

Prizren, Kosovo



After a long while a new country in my collection :) The partially recognised Republic of Kosovo - 91 out of 193 UN member states, 22 out of 27 EU member states and 24 out of 28 NATO member states have recognised its sovereignty. I was sent a postcard from there a year ago but it never arrived...so I was really curious if this one would disappear too, but it came rather quickly actually..!
It shows Prizren, a historic city located on the slopes of the Šar Mountains in the southern part of Kosovo. As far as my research is concerned  this is Bajrakli Mosque - the 14th century Mosque of Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror and can be reached on the first left street infront of The Hamam. It dates from 1566 and is possibly the most beautiful mosque in Prizren with ornate wood work and detailed blue-and-white paintings.
The stamp is celebrating the Earth's Day. HUGE thanks goes to Radim! :)))

Edit: I was warned that the recognition issue is delicate, so I'd like to mention I got my info from wikipedia, because I trust their information being up to date - that said, there will be news on the matter on daily basis and my post will soon be just a reminder of the past..!

2 komentara:

  1. Uh Agi đe spominješ broj država koje su priznale Kosovo, o tome se žestoko polemiše sad, jer ima lažnih priznanja :D

    http://www.b92.net/info/vesti/index.php?yyyy=2012&mm=09&dd=07&nav_category=640&nav_id=641321

    a ja stavio sebi da je ovo ''Sinan Pasha Mosque, an Ottomanmosque built in 1615 by Sofi Sinan Pasha, bey of Budim.'' vidim da sam pogriješio :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. evo san dodala pasus, ako išta pomaže :)
    tvoja mošeja ima i kupolu i zidove krivih boja :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši