07. 06. 2012.

UNESCO - Komodo And Ujung Kulon National Parks, Indonesia





Two excellent Unesco cards from Indonesia - although the 1st qualifies for my lizard collection also :)
Komodos look so cool! They are the largest living species of lizard, growing up to the amazing 3 meters in length and can weigh up to 70kg (so like me, just lankier heh). They are endemic species with 'vurnebale' conservation status, living only on five Indonesian islands. There are so many interesting facts about these unique animals, but I have to stop here!
Ujung Kulon National Park is situated at the western-most tip of the Java island, including the volcanic group of islands Krakatoa and other nearby islands. The park is the last refuge of the critically endangered Javan Rhinoceros - only 35 were indentified.

It always saddens me to realise so many unique animal species are on a verge of extinction. I would like to somehow be involved in their preservation...something to look into.
Thank you shinta, you always bring a smile on my face with your lovely cards, stamps and messages! :)))

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar