23. 06. 2012.

Bob Marley Singing



Another 1st today, a Bob Marley card - thank you Mary :)

I cannot call myself a Bob Marley fan but I do enjoy some of his songs and I do respect his impact on modern music. His early death at the age of 36 was surely a great loss; i was moved when reading a eulogy to him by the Jamaican Prime Minister:
'Bob Marley was never seen. He was an experience which left an indelible imprint with each encounter. Such a man cannot be erased from the mind. He is part of the collective consciousness of the nation.'

There is one song of his that gives me goose bumps as soon as I hear the intro...

'Could you be loved and be loved?
 Could you be loved and be loved?

 Don't let them fool ya,
 Or even try to school ya! Oh, no!
 We've got a mind of our own,
 So go to hell if what you're thinking is not right!
 Love would never leave us alone,
 A-yin the darkness there must come out to light. '

(this is uncanny, as soon as I finished writing the post Bob starts singing on the radio..!)





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar