22. 06. 2013.

England’s Lake District

 




The Lake District, also commonly known as The Lakes or Lakeland, is a mountainous region in North West England - a popular holiday destination, it is famous not only for its lakes, forests, and mountains (or fells), but also for its associations with the early nineteenth-century poetry and writings of William Wordsworth and the other Lake Poets.
1st is a vintage postcard, then comes a painting of a little town Keswick situated just north of Derwent Water; Grasmere is a wonderful little place at the heart of the district; and sunset upon Windermere, the largest natural lake in England. I will remember my visit to these places for two things - my first time pitching a tent on my own :) Iand leaving my camera with all the beautiful photos in the public toilet :( Third thing would be - it was too short!
England’s Lake District in on Unesco's tentative list.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar