03. 06. 2018.

Life In The Nile Valley



As I've noticed its letter 'P' today for Sunday Stamps I thought of the pyramids, but hey lucky chance I got some Pharaohs as well :) Took a bit of digging to find out what exactly these were, definitives from 2002: Statue of Pharaoh Sesostris III, Pyramids of Sneferu (Sneferu was a founder of a great dynasty and had three pyramids built in Dahshur, all happening in the 2nd millenium BC), and Mask of the Pharaoh Psusennes I (made of gold and lapis lazuli). 
Postcard received for the wishlist tag - and I guess I had donkeys on my wishlist as usual :) Dear Farah thank you for this card, I haven't seen you for a while I hope all is well x.
 

Broj komentara: 5:

  1. And another P in Psusennes! I don't see often stamps from Egypt, so I was happy to see these today.

    I wonder how many donkeys you have in your collection!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's a very good question! All I can say for sure is over a hundred :) But its been many years since I last counted...

      Izbriši
  2. We don't see stamps from Egypt on Sunday Stamps very often - really nice to see them today. I find ancient Egypt fascinating.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Egypt has so many wonderful things to put on stamps. A nice trip down the Nile on the card.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Great stamps. So rare to see Egyptian stamps.

    OdgovoriIzbriši