25. 04. 2013.

Maspalomas, The Canary Islands



Maspalomas is located on the southernmost tip of the Canary Islands' 3rd largest island Gran Canaria, and is the largest tourist town of the archipelago. The area includes the Natural Reserve of the Dunes of Maspalomas, which constitutes the main landmark of Gran Canaria. There is a 68 m tall lighthouse, named El Faro de Maspalomas, at the southern point from where the 12 km long beach and dunes lead to Playa del Inglés.
This is the only image I had of Canary Islands for years, as I received this postcard many years ago from a friend who worked there for his university practice programme (lucky bee!). I didnt' like the image of a resort place, though the sand dunes look pretty amazing...And now, after reading more about the islands, i am like 'ahh now I have to put this on my travelling wishlist too..!' The list is getting too darn long heh.

1 komentar:

  1. Hi,
    if you want a copy from this card : http://occupymybox.blogspot.com/2013/04/iraq-001.html
    I have extra for swap in exchange with card from my missing countries (check my blog u find my email)
    Cheers,

    OdgovoriIzbriši