25. 12. 2023.

Merry Ginger Xmas!


I had to dig deep into my scan archives to find a postcard relating to Christmas holidays! And voila - here is a joyous (and dancing?) Gingerbread Man, all the way from Nova Scotia. A curious fact (for me at least!) is that the Gingerbread Man cookies pre-date the Gingerbread Man fairy tale, and that by centuries..! The cookies could even have been found at the court of Elizabeth I of England. I don't know why I always assumed it was vice versa...Baking GB men (ha!) was never a tradition in my region, ours was much more modest in a way. The special cancellation is awesome, and who else to thank for it but dear Byron :) Another lesson today, that there is a Christmas Island in Canada, just east of Nova Scotia peninsula. Merry Xmas everyone!

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar