16. 10. 2020.

Postcrossing In The Time Of....

Well hello there! I am 8 days shy of an anniversary of NOT posting on my blog...Besides my usual idleness, I guess it was also prompted by this new era of living with a nastier-than-usual virus...And on top of that, I have made a life-changing decision to move to a new country in search of a more fulfilling life. Beannachtaí as Éirinn - greetings from Ireland!

As fate would have it, I came to Ireland mere two days before the first confirmed Covid-19 case here (and two days after the same happened back home in Croatia). The timing couldn't be more 'poetic', right?! At first, and I am sure many would agree, the situation didn't seem all that worrying and bleak. Perhaps its because we are used to (or to put it more bluntly, we were indifferent to) the plights on other continents being 'far away from us, not out problem'. Alas soon enough came the lockdown...it is when the celebrations for St.Patrick's day were cancelled, that everyone thought 'oh sh*t, what is happening? Is the world coming to an end?!' Fast-forward 7 months, and we are still struggling in the seemingly apocalyptic scenario. For those who have never been through war or poverty it IS the end of the world I guess; and a face mask, rather than superadvanced AI or money-grabbing power addicts, has become the population's enemy no.1. Enough said...I will not use this platform to argue the issues awakened by the new status quo, there are too many and and time is precious :)

Let me just say, I hope everyone is adjusting well to the situation, it has been hard on everyone! Our hobby has undeniably become more challenging as well. Then again, if we managed to continue exchanging postcards, albeit with restrictions, receiving them has brought us even more joy :) I have done a bit of postcrossing from Ireland, just to 'stay in the game'. ATM I am struggling to find a job (third time this year, but hey third time lucky! Or I should catch myself a leprechaun 😄) I do have a stack of Irish postcards in my drawer - I mean who can resist - and hopefully soon enough I'll find myself in a more s(ui)table situation and then off we go to get some stamps :)

(If anyone was wondering, this is me three years ago, first visit to Ireland, while working on a cruise ship) 


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar