26. 10. 2013.

UNESCO - Castles And Town Walls Of King Edward In Gwynedd, Wales

 

 

These extremely well-preserved monuments are examples of colonization and defense works carried out throughout the reign of Edward I - the four castles of Beaumaris, Conwy, Caernarfon and Harlech, as well as Conwy and Caernarfon fortified towns from the late 13th and early 14th century.
Caernarfon Castle and the town served as the administrative centre of North Wales, while the Harlech Castle was built near the Irish Sea during Edward's invasion of Wales. I also have a postcard of Conwy, and ah yes my scattered brain was sure I have blogged about it but is nowhere to be found...so it will be added at some later point :) Conwy and Harlech were sent to me by Anu, already a regular here on my blog ;) I have visited Caernarfon some years ago and loved it! Here I can add a few of my photos...





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar