Daughters of Emperor Nicholas II:
Grand Duchesses Olga and Tatyana in the uniforms
of the regiments under their patronage
Tsesarevich Alexis, 1913
I seem to be slowly building a collection of Romanov postcards..! They are just so vintage, beautiful and full of history....new additions from Yana/Botwa and Angela_lala, thank you!!
Ah what can i say about the stamps...Russian mail is really considerate heh.
These stamps show:
- a viaduct over the river Matsesta valley, Sochi
- Volgogradskaya Oblast
- Beluga/Sturgeon from the Caspian Sea
- Shar Pei, a Chinese dog breed
- Kazan Cathedral in St. Petersburg
(wow i never thought it to be a cathedral, more like a museum or a historical monument!)
- (and this one was hard to find) Agustín de Betancourt, a prominent Spanish engineer who worked and died in Russia. He's a founder of The Saint Petersburg Institute of Communications Engineers. There!
i dont normally do this, but it was a bit of a challenge to decipher as my cyrrilics is rusty :)