11. 05. 2013.

UNESCO - Göreme NP And The Rock Sites Of Cappadocia

In a spectacular landscape, entirely sculpted by erosion, the Göreme valley and its surroundings contain rock-hewn sanctuaries that provide unique evidence of Byzantine art in the post-Iconoclastic period. Dwellings, troglodyte villages and underground towns – the remains of a traditional human habitat dating back to the 4th century – can also be seen there.

And this one is Uçhisar Castle / Landlord's Castle situated in the Nevşehir Province.
I have received two other views of this Unesco site, but not sent from Turkey; so I grabbed the opportunity when I was in Istanbul, though sadly I havent had the chance to visit this surreal site (yet). I need one more shot to get a cancellation! heh.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar