15. 10. 2012.

Marseille Soap, France



Its actually a good idea for the dazed-and-confused self to post some of the older postcards, cos its only now that I take good notice of them and know the story behind them: here I thought its 'just' a soap postcard, but it actually fits one of my collections..!
Marseille soap or Savon de Marseille is a traditional soap made from vegetable oils - in 1688, Louis XIV introduced regulations limiting the use of the name savon de Marseille to soaps made in and around the Marseille area, and only from olive oil. Today this law still applies, although the regulations now allow other vegetable oils to be used. Ok i thought the liquid in the bottle could be olive oil, but totally missed the branch and the pot! A good friend once told me: Its scary to think what you miss in life with such bad observation skills..! Its better not to think of it or I'll get utterly depressed :/ :)


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar