20. 10. 2012.

Landshut, Bavaria, Germany



Landshut is a Bavarian town situated on the banks of the River Isar, and is the capital of Lower Bavaria. The city is of national importance because of its predominantly Gothic architecture within the historic city centre, especially Trausnitz Castle and the Church of Saint Martin featuring the world's tallest brick tower. Also world-known for the Landshut Wedding, one of the largest historical pageants in Europe, commemorates the wedding between Hedwig, the Polish King's daughter, and George, the son of the Duke of Landshut. It is being held every four years, and it seems 2013 is the next date..! I dont think I'd be able to go but ehm...lets see..!
Beautiful town that I visited last winter, and I have to add a few of my own photos to show what I liked most about it, its colourful houses :)



Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar