17. 09. 2018.

Beli, Cres Island



Wow I didn't realise I have this little place on a postcard...the reason I wow about it is, I planned to go there last week, but sadly all my plans failed because of a series of unfortunate events. Beli is a small town on the NE part of Croatia's largest island Cres. Coming from Rijeka via ferry I would have had to walk for about 15 km to reach it from the ferry port, as there is no public transport available. And why, one might ask? Beli homes a rescue centre for Griffon Vultures, as one of the few colonies left in this part of Europe is in that area. I've been wanting to see these unique birds for ages now...I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer.
The thing is, Cres is not as overridden with tourists as some of the other (more accessible) islands. It is actually close to land on the northern side but very long, and it continues to the island of Losinj. I planned to walk the whole length. It still makes me sad to think of it, sniff. I think I have a postcard of the end point too...Coming next.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar