07. 09. 2012.

Official - Marlene Dietrich In 'Blue Angel'


DE-1498066

Lately its only seldom and randomly that I send official cards, esp as quite often I receive downright lousy postcards in return...Sometimes its just a photo sent in an envelope, sometimes a cut-out from a magazine :/
But this last round was great, and I'll share some of the cards that I've got!

The Blue Angel (German: Der blaue Engel) is a 1930 film directed by Josef von Sternberg and starring Emil Jannings, Marlene Dietrich and Kurt Gerron. It is based on Heinrich Mann's[ 1905 novel Professor Unrat ("Professor Garbage"), and presents the tragic transformation of a man from a respectable professor to a cabaret clown, and his descent into madness.
I was only recently able to watch some of the black&white classics, among them this great movie also - it gives one a much-needed break from high-speed cinema of today. Miss Dietrich is in my opinion one of the most charismatic actresses on the silver screen. Thank you Lilly for this card :)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar