23. 04. 2013.

UNESCO - Natural And Cultural Heritage Of The Ohrid Region, Macedonia






Situated on the shores of Lake Ohrid, the town of Ohrid is one of the oldest human settlements in Europe. Built mainly between the 7th and 19th centuries, it has the oldest Slav monastery (St Pantelejmon) and more than 800 Byzantine-style icons dating from the 11th to the end of the 14th century. Ohrid is one of only 28 sites that are part of UNESCO's World Heritage that are both Cultural and Natural sites.
The first two postcards show the picturesque Monastery of Saint Naum, an Eastern Orthodox monastery from the 10th century. It is situated along Lake Ohrid, 29 kilometres (18 mi) south of the city of Ohrid. My bad luck was that the local Tourist Information Centre gave me a wrong timetable for the buses so I missed my bus by 5 minutes :( and there were too few and far between...Nevermind, I plan to go back one day, as Ohrid is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen <3>The local PO had a great selection of stamps, yay! Not to forget, many thanks to dear Ana for great company! xx

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar