12. 03. 2015.

UNESCO - Cultural Landscape Of Sintra, Portugal





In the 19th century Sintra became the first centre of European Romantic architecture - the cultural landscape of the Serra and the town represents a pioneering approach to Romantic landscaping that had an outstanding influence on developments elsewhere in Europe. It is a unique example of the cultural occupation of a specific location that has maintained its essential integrity as the representation of diverse successive cultures.
I wish I had more time to explore this area, that is why I am almost certain I will go back to do a proper tour. It was a murky day and I have visited the town and the Moorish Castle, even though the Pena Palace is far more recognisable. I've enjoyed the kind of a fairytale setting and atmosphere :) The second postcard is made of cork and shows the Regalaleria Palace. Alas both cards weren't cancelled...something the Portuguese Mail seems to struggle with.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar