15. 06. 2014.

Map Of The Summer Palace In Beijing, China




End of last year I got the opportunity to swap for this amazing shaped map card showing one of the 45 Unesco sites in China - just one glimpse at it and you can tell its an awesome place. I mean who can doubt the combination of historical buildings, lakes and grassy fields..?! Was tricky to scan...crookedness is the word here :) many many thanks to heng yao xD
The Summer Palace covers an expanse of 2.9 square kilometres, three-quarters of which is water.  Its a vast ensemble of lakes, gardens and palaces  first built in 1750 - later largely destroyed in the war of 1860 and restored on its original foundations in 1886. It is considered to be a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design.
Now a little secret is about to be revealed...i am hoping to see this place next winter. I have already mentioned the times I've fallen in love with China through postcards (esp unesco!) and the time has come to look into it and check if I can make it my next destination. China is so vast and wonderful in so many aspects, it'll be really hard to choose where to go! And I do have to choose, time and resources are limited...tough job being a jury here. Btw I have looked at all the 45 Unesco sites briefly - estimate is one could easily spend (at least) $600 on entrance fees..!

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar