05. 11. 2012.

Sunday Stamps - Water





Yea its monday, but I wasnt sure this week's sunday stamps will be happening - luckily it is, and I can post here today on the theme of water :)
The postcards show the picturesque Istrian town of Rovinj and an example of Croatian naive art (which I am a fan of, and would love to have a piece on my wall!). These both have (sea) water as an important element in the picture, but the main thing here are the stamps; the first one is from a set of 7 issued in 1994, celebrating 150 years of tourism in Croatia. Its a wonderful set and I wish it could be used nowdays, alas all stamps issued in the previous millenium cannot be used for postage :( This particular stamp shows the Krka Waterfalls, one of Croatian national parks (which I usually have in my postcards offers heh :)). The second one is the Expo 2008 stamp, it was a single stamp as a mini-sheet and represents something simple but utterly beautiful - the clear blue sea :))

Next week we are free to represent any theme, and ah I am not at home! I'll try to have it ready wherever I am ;) And now, time to check the other entries..!
   
          

Broj komentara: 5:

  1. Nice fishing boats on the postcards, I can see why you would like the art on your wall. Nice to float along on the last stamp:-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I think you win for the most unobstructed view of water on a stamp!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Nice selection of Croatian-related water stamps :). In my view, Croatia has the most beautiful Sea in Europe therefore the fourth stamps is just brilliant: simple but obvious :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Thank you for being patient with me this week. Lovely stamps and postcards.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I adore the second card with its naive art style, and the stamp goes perfectly with it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši